Monteverde Tours Terms and Conditions
Monteverde Tours Terms & Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
The purchase of tours and packages are subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions below. By purchasing any of the products or services included in your itinerary, you agree to be bound by these terms.
All prices quoted are in US Dollars.
By purchasing any of our services, you acknowledge that you have read the final version of the confirmed itinerary and agree to all products and services included in the total price.
PRIVACY IS a PRIORITY
Client's credit card information is protected by our data Encrypted Security System and from third parties.
To make our clients' trips more enjoyable and safe, we'd like to tell you about some of the policies for our exciting adventures:
- Monteverde Tours reserves the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run. For reasons beyond our control (climate, river levels, etc.), we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure-appeal with no refund. Our Head Guide makes the final decision.
- Rafting, canyoneering and many of our other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so clients must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy or injury. If a client takes medication such as allergy pills and needs them with him/her or has other medical concerns, please have him/her inform the guide.
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles & other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks & sudden flash floods are possible. We may not be held responsible for an encounter with any of the above.
- Recommended ages for tours: Rio Toro, Rio Sarapiqui and Rio Tenorio class 3-4: 13-55; Rio Balsa and Rio Sarapiqui lower section class 2-3, & Venado Caves: 10-65; Canyoneering in the Lost Canyon & Cerro Chato: 13-55; Stand Up Paddling, Safari Float & nature walks (Arenal Volcano, Hanging Bridges, Río Celeste, Nature Combo 6x1): 6-66 ; Horseback riding: 8-55; Community, Culture & Conservation or Luna Nueva: no age limit. For those outside of the age recommendations or if there is an adult accompanying a child, we ask that clients request & sign a special Waiver for such cases. Most tours require 2 pax minimum.
- The maximum weight limit for whitewater rafting, canyoneering and horseback riding is 200lbs. We may also cancel any client seen unfit to do a tour for their own safety and/or the safety of clients and guides. Clients must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We recommend closed-toe shoes for hikes, horseback & canyoneering. Rafting: clients should know how to swim.
- Do not take valuables on our tours such as jewelry, money, cameras or passports. Monteverde Tours and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, broken or stolen items. We have a lost & found box for our tours & services and donate items after 2 weeks left behind.
- Please be ready at the given time. Our drivers and guides are instructed to wait a max. 10 minutes.
Confirmation subject to availability: Due to our small, personalized tours, we cannot guarantee your reservation until we have confirmed receipt of your payment.
Cancellations for day tours must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the service.
- Package Cancellations:
For package tours cancelled less than 4 weeks in advance, we cannot give a full refund because many hotels and other tour operators do not allow for short-notice cancellations (see policy below.). No refunds for no shows..
- A 10% admin fee will be charged for cancellations at any time
- A further 20% cancellation fee (30% in total) for all cancellations made between 4 weeks and 3 months of the start of the package
- No refund will be given for cancellations made within 4 weeks before the start of the package
IMPORTANT: Any cancellation by a client must be made in writing and acknowledged in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by us will determine the cancellation charge applicable.
Responsibility and Liability
Monteverde Tours is solely a travel agency and does not provide the actual tours, services, accommodations, etc. The hotels, vendors and service providers providing travel or other services booked through our website or via telephone or other form of communication, are independent contractors. They are not Agents, Employees or Affiliates of Monteverde Tours and as such not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, misrepresentations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such third party carrier, vendor or supplier of services or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses that may result there from. Monteverde Tour has no liability and will make no refund if a third party service results in any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, or other cause beyond our direct control.